If you have a TNPDS smart card, you can get a ration at subsidiary price provided by the government to those who belong to the below poverty line. From this article you will know in detail about the TNPDS smart card, ration card status, apply online, download, update to get such special facility.
TNPDS smart card, ration card status, apply online, download, update related information can be gathered from its official site. Although, there are many other ways to find details about ration cards, its application and updates, but don’t trust each site. From this article, you will know about its procedure so that you can have your own smart card to get government benefits.
What is a TNPDS Ration Card?
TNPDS means Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System provided to the citizens of Tamil Nadu state. From a survey, it was found that there are 5,80, 298 smart card holders who are getting benefits from this ration card. The government of Tamil has given this facility to the residents of the same state who can’t afford to buy food for them. Using smart cards, they can avail ration at minimum price and that’s affordable for below poverty line families or have low income.
Everyone can’t get a ration card, it’s based on their economical condition. And there are different coloured cards, some get all facilities such as ration, fixed rice or more amount of rice, etc and for other cards will provide you different kinds of facilities. Your card color will decide the amount of ration and also depends on the number of family members. To make this smart ration card, you must have some documents that will prove your financial status.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Details
|Beneficiaries||Tamil Nadu Residents|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu Goverment|
|Purpose||Distribution Of Ration Card|
Meaning of Smart Ration Card
Smart ration cards will allow you to buy food items from certain grocery stores licensed by the Tamil Nadu government at subsidiary price. Or in a different word, we can say that it’s like a lucky coupon to save your money on purchasing grocery items.
These smart cards are digital versions of ration cards with which you can buy groceries without any physical card. The card holder just needs to show the digital card to the retailer and take the required ration.
Digital Ration Cards in Tamil Nadu
There are various kinds of ration cards which are dedicated to different facilities. You can distinguish among the cards with their colors. Let us tell you the meaning of each card with its benefits for the residents of Tamil Nadu.
Light green cards means you are allowed to buy rice from the retailer at subsidiary cost. Next card is white ration card, which means you can buy an additional 3 kg of rice over and more at a prescribed price by the government. Kanki coloured cards are only for police servicemen if they have inspector or higher rank. And the last card is no goods card. Those who have this card can’t buy ration from the store at the minimum price.
Documents you will required to apply for TNPDS Smart Ration Card
To get this facility provided by the Tamil government, you need to apply for the same. But, you can’t apply it directly without any financial or personal proof. Below is the list of the documents for the application of smart cards.
- Aadhar Card
- Electricity bill
- Income certificate
- Passport size photo
- Pan card
- Bank passbook
- Caste/category certificate (if required)
So, keep these documents before the application process. Or if you don’t have the paper mentioned, make it as soon as possible.
How to Apply For a TNPDS Smart Ration Card?
You have collected all the important documents, now you are eligible to apply for a smart ration card. Below are the steps to apply for the TNPDS ration card.
- First, visit the official website to apply for a TNPDS card:- https://www.tnpds.gov.in
- Here, you will see an option named smart card application, click it. When you click it, a new page will open.
- On the next page, some personal information will be asked to fill in. You must have to fill all the details correctly.
- Including information, you need to attach documents as well.
- Later, you have to provide family details, gas connection, etc. And then click on the submit button.
- Once you are done, a reference number will be sent to your mail or on your registered number for further requirements. Using this reference number you can edit your profile in future.
Following above mentioned steps, you can simply apply for a smart ration card.
Check ration card status
Once you have applied for the TNPDS smart ration card, you also want to know what’s the status of your application. As you have got a reference number, using that you too check your card’s current status. Follow the simple steps described below and know the status.
- You need to open TNPDS official website on your browser.
- It will appear in Tamil language, but if you are not comfortable with that, switch to any other language like English located at the top right corner.
- Now click on smart card application status.
- A new smart card application page will appear where you need to fill up the reference number.
- When you are done to fill the number, click on the submit button.
- Then you can see your smart ration card status on the screen. It will also show whether your application is accepted or not.
Anyone who is residing a long distance from the ration card creating centers can see the status using a mobile phone at their home. This is how the Tamil government is moving ahead with such latest technologies.
Check the project report on PDS smart card
Every year a new project report is released on PDS details. To check the project report on the PDS smart ration card follow a few steps.
- One more time you need to visit TNPDS official site.
- A new page will open, where you need to click on the Public Distribution Project Report.
- Next, you have to select your district.
- When you select your district, you will see an item details option.
- Click it and you will have all the information regarding the project report.
Download digital smart ration card
If you will get notification that your smart card is ready, you can download it. It’s also an easy procedure to get your digital smart ration card.
- One more time you need to visit TNPDS official website.
- Further, click on option Payee on the first page of the website.
- After that, you need to enter your mobile number on which you will get an OTP.
- Enter that OTP to open your profile.
- Here, you will get an option of smart card printing, print it now.
- Press on save and keep it as a pdf file.
You can take out a print copy or just keep it in your mobile phone. Whenever you visit your retailer store, show them your digital smart card and get affordable groceries. Go with the new digital era and carry your smart ration card.
Process to update or edit your TNPDS ration card
The most demanding question regarding the TNPDS ration card is whether to update or edit your smart card. We all know with the passage of time, the number of family members increases or decreases or some people change their address as well. To keep your ration card updated, you need to edit it using online sites.
- Open your browser and visit the TNPDS official site- https://www.tnpds.gov.in
- You will have many options and find an option named, correcting details. Click it and get a new login page.
- You have to enter your mobile number to login, and the number should be the same as given at the registration time.
- You will get an OTP, enter this OTP in the given space.
- Now, enter the candidate details you wish to edit.
- Also attach documents as a proof with the edited details.
- Or you can upload a photo as an evidence but it should be in jpg or png format.
- Now you have done your task, click on the submit button to submit all edited details.
- After submitting all the details, you will get a reference number for later help.
- Using the given reference number, you can track your smart ration card details through TNPDS official site.
You will get your corrected smart ration card soon.
TNPDS Smart Card [Video]
In this new digitisation world, the Tamil Nadu government has added a digital ration card. No need to waste papers on making ration cards. This is a good initiative to introduce people to the new developed era.
There are some positive points hidden behind such steps, there will be less corruption while getting ration cards to get subsidiary groceries. We hope you have got all the details related to the TNPDS smart ration card from this article. If you want to know more about state or central government plans, keep in touch with our sites.